Sunday, 30 December 2007

Pics!!!

Got some more pics-yayayaya and a cheeky video clip or two, as well.

Heading out of Anchorage in a few days. Seriously it's going to break my heart to leave here. I really hope I can get a visa in New York so I can come back...I just know that if I go back to Australia I will fall back into a life of mediocrity and get a (crappy) job and probably go back to uni and get stuck back there. Plus it costs a bomb to get over here from Aus (and takes ages) so if I can just stay here then I would much rather do that. The Fur Rondy is on in February, there are ice sculpture contests/displays in March-plus the start of the Iditarod...then it goes to spring and all the snow melt and the flowers come back out. Jobs galore, too. Ones that pay fairly well, too.
It's making my upset just thinking about leaving all this.

Anyway enough of the emo-check out these:

First off the bat is a video from the hockey game I went to the other night. I was a bit too slow to catch the start of the brawl but I did the best I could.




Yay dogmushing! This was so much fun-the dogs love to run and it's pretty awesome being in the sled (and driving the sled, too, which I got to do!).


Look at his eyes!






Frozen car! Just down the road from my hostel in Anchorage.


Downtown Anchorage at 'night' (more like 5pm?)


View of Fairbanks


It was a warm day this day:




Arctic Circle:


Under the trans-alaska pipeline


Tundra (I guess). I love how vast areas in the country have no people in them...


Except for me!


Nothing but whiteness...


My camera battery just died so that will have to do for now...

Happy New Year, my antipodean friends!!!

It's a long-running 'in' joke that you come to Alaska if you are running away from something. Perhaps I am running away from my life back home...afterall, why even think about coming to Alaska? Subconsciously I bet it was because I knew it's far away and people go there to get lost. If you want to be really mushy about it I suppose you could say they also go to find themselves...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Glad to hear you're enjoying being back in Anchorage. How long are you there for?
Oh, and about the fireworks, I'm sure there'll be plenty of videos of them appearing on youtube in the next few days. I don't think any of the free-to-air channels have any internet viewing at all, but you could check them I guess.

Anonymous said...

Hi again, nice pics - lots of snow & lights - I can see why you love it there...good luck with the Visa.

Where's the next stop for you when you leave Anchorage?