Wednesday, 13 February 2008

baby steps

After what happened I am really reluctant to post here again...but since I am not writing in my regular journal anymore I need to keep writing somewhere so the days don't get 'lost'!

I had a great time in Belfast and was sad to leave the friends I had made there, but there are new friends to be made in Dublin and the Belfast lads will probably visit down here sometime anyway. Plus, it's not like it's not far to go to get there if I want to visit them! Definately going to Belfast again so I can do one of the Black Taxi tours...

Having Passport woes yet again. Of course nothing goes easily but I suppose it would be a boring life if everything went according to plan. This job pays cash anyway so I'm not in the same rush to get the Visa/PPS number/bank account like I was before. I won't talk about work sorry.

The weather here has been nothing short of glorious. There is consternation thought because springe has already sprung it seems and all the flowers are starting to burst out and bloom, it's been sunny and clear during the day too. I miss the cold, to be honest!!! Luckily for me it was a nice day when I visited the Giant's Causeway-very cool! Derry was really interesting, too. Would love to go back and check out some more of it later...

I bought a new phone so I now have an irish phone number. I have most probably texted all of you guys anyway with my new one. Use that instead of my australian number pleasssseee!! It's such a chick phone, too. It's a little flippy pink shiny thing. Good on ya Sony Ericsson! Next thing to get is a straightening iron (you can pick them up for cheap around somewhere) and then finally a laptop. Definately need a lappy but am loathe to pay Dublin prices for them. There's one I really want from Circuit City but they don't ship to Ireland. Of course!

Argh I have the sniffles and need to run. There is a cup of tea with my name on it!
Sorry this blog will probably be pretty crappy for the next few entries while I get back into it properly. You can't be too careful about who reads this stuff, hey...
Take care,
xxx lisha

1 comment:

sensible sue said...

Make sure you are eating plenty of fruit and veges, you don't want the hassle of having to go to the doctors and trying to claim on your insurance! Just do your best and remember you're working, the new boss can't ask for more than that. Have you tried smiling around him, I hear it can be infectious!