Got a few things that have been going on here it's been pretty funny. I'll be short and sweet about it though.
-Went to see and Irish Dancing show last night. It was AWESOME! They were jumping about all over the place and kicking and stomping and tap-a tap-a tap-a-ing. Want to go learn it even more now than before! We saw the boss there but we just ignored him then he was saying hello to us and making jokes and stuff. I think he went there by himself?
-One of the girls ducked outside during her shift to have a smoke and took the phone with her and by accident pressed the wrong buttons or something so it dialled the boss and meanwhile she was swearing about him and making fun of him and imitating him-and he heard the whole thing, apparently. She was shitting herself-it's not a good position to be in. He called her back and went nuts at her and since then he's forgotten about it/ignoring it. Water under the bridge. But still-it meant for a tense night because we thought he'd be mega pissed off at the world after it. I guess he just doesn't care what people think about him/say about him.
-There was this girl who was coming over on the London Invader package, where we organise her transfers across to Dublin from London and back etc etc and send her alllll her tickets and itinerary and stuff. Anyway, she calls us the day before she's supposed to be here and says there have been train delays/trackworks and she is running late, and she said something about compensation but I wasn't prepared to talk about that over the phone when she's in transit at 11pm so I said we'd talk when she got in the next morning. Anyway, she gets in the next morning all agitated (to be expected, because she'd just spent 20 hours getting from London to Dublin) and says she wants a full refund for her transfers across to Holyhead because she missed the pre-arranged coach for her from London. Ummm...what? You didn't read the train trackworks notices properly and want us to give you a refund? No way jose. But before you go 'poor girl blah blah blah just give her the refund she didn't know any better', wait-there's more!
She goes along with 50 odd other travellers on her tour bus and they all load their luggage on and everything...then halfway to Galway (about a 2hr ride) she stands up and announces to the bus 'I DON'T HAVE ANY LUGGAGE! I left my luggage back in Dublin!!!' The driver was definately not about to turn the whole bus around just to get her stuff. She was about to pack it in and get herself back to London (how, I have no idea) but one of the girls here convinced her to stay and just get the necessities from Penneys (like Big W) so she can still enjoy the tour. It's only a 2 night tour anyway. This girl then insists that the (male) driver goes into Penney's with her to buy her stuff because she didn't want to go by herself. He had to get the female driver of another bus to talk to her because he just couldn't do it and a) keep a straight face, and b) get frustrated with her.
Seriously...she got here at 5.30am on the morning of the tour. WHY was her stuff in a room anyway? She saw the 50 or so other tour passengers on her tour bring their stuff with them to the buses, load it on the buses, then get on the bus. Was she not suspicious when she was the only person with no luggage? She tried to tell us that we never told her that the tour was leaving Dublin. It's called a 3 Day South tour, not a 3 Day Dublin tour. Of course she expects 'a full refund' (my favourite saying now) but there is no way we can refund for ignorance. Really.
-I think I offended one of the bosses yesterday unintentionally. I was reading the replies to customer comments on our hostel booking site and saw one that I thought was quite rude and thought it was one of the girls who wrote it (because it was directed to the customers I remember one of the girls dealing with) so I was reading it out loud and voicing my disbelief that somebody would put that online as the view of the hostel. Anyway, it turns out it was one of the bosses who wrote it. FAUX PAS, LISHA!!! I had no way of knowing it was him though-no idea he even wrote comments on there and he didn't sign it from himself. There was spelling mistakes and everything in there. The big boss was about to say something to me the other day about some 'interesting comments' on the hostel booking site but then he left it alone. Maybe it was that? But yeah...what a strange position to be in. I think the comment was a bit rude, personally. Oh well.
---------
I'm sure there has been more going on but I've only put down the interesting stuff. Well, interesting to me, at least.
Gotta go-getting a phone call from Darren.
stay classy xxx
lisha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Fun times at the hostel! Does anyone like the boss? I guess he needs employees so can't say too much about any (verbal) mishaps.
So you'll be in Gallipoli on Anzac Day, yeah?? That should be great.
MM
Mark reacons if you keep eating pub food like that along with the booze you won't fit in the hummer!
I'm getting a beeeeer gut.
Post a Comment