I think I 'met' my roomate last night around 11.30pm. Some little european girl opened the door, took one look at me then left again. To be fair (to me!) she had both a guy and a bottle of booze in tow so I'm assuming she didn't want the room to rest for the night.
I woke up around 7 this morning and as I was trying to get back to sleep over the noise out on the street below, her alarm kept going off. Fast asleep...in the window bed. Bitch.
:-P
Going to get me some free breakfast and check out the city tour today. Then buy a cellphone and some pepper spray. Awesome! Most probably looking at finding out about the three of four types of public transport they have here, too. The streets are a killer. I imagine if you lived around here and walked everywhere you would get thighs like a bulgarian weightlifter after going up and down all the hills here!
OK I'm off:
Take care
-Lisha
*edit*
I tried to upload some photos last night, as I had a small collection after going for a late night saunter about the neighbourhood but the USB connections on the computers here are blocked and the one computer that you can plug a USB cable into, is operating on some crazy system (Xfce or something?) and doesn't recognise the camera. Poo!
*extra edit*
Wandered into the bottle shop a few doors down and they have, among other things, premix Smirnoff and green tea! And their bottles of premix (think Ruski and Cruiser type drinks...except weirder) are $1.84!!! I bought three bottles of weird premix shit and paid less than what one pathetic Cruiser would cost back in Sydney (granted, at a bar, but still). Considering the fact that the bottle shop near a backpackers would no doubt be more expensive than one in the 'burbs, I can't believe how cheap food/drinks are here! I got a delicious bagel last night for 95c-shits all over Sydney bagels. Hard and chewy and like, $3.50. I shouldn't slag them off too much-after I get back it's all I'll have access to again.
Thursday, 15 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment